Tips for Moving ElectronicsApril 28th, 2015
TV’s, televisions, video games and other electronic devices are expensive, and we would hate to see them damaged during your big move; so here are some tips that will help you properly pack and transport these devices carefully and successfully!
- Follow the manufacturer’s directions for transporting devices; they know better than anyone how to properly protect their devices. If you still have the manual, give that a read through, otherwise check out their website and see if there is a customer support number you could call!
- If you held onto the boxes, they would be perfect for packing! But we understand how hard it is to keep boxes, as they cause clutter, just know your devices won’t fit as nicely in packing boxes as they would in their original box!
- If you don’t have original boxes, use the following materials to protect your priced electronic devices: sturdy boxing, newspapers to wrap around the device, tape, scissors, and markers to properly label each box.
- When you’re disassembling electronics with a lot of codes, be sure to label each cord to where they connect to the device; you should use color coordination, too, that way when you’re unpacking, you can easily reassemble these devices.
- Again, check with the manufacturers of your computer, TV and other electronics to see if they should be stored in climate controlled units.
- Wrap all electronics with some sort of linen or clean paper to protect them from dust.
- Also use tape to seal these boxes to keep dust and other dirt from getting inside your electronics.
These are just a few of the tips we have for packing and transporting electronic devices; for more information or to schedule a free moving estimate, please give Rare Movers a call at 617-825-7273
Moving Day ChecklistApril 9th, 2015
Moving is so stressful, which is why Boston Rare Movers does everything they can to ensure a smooth and efficient move for all clients! To make your life just a little bit easier, we composed a Moving Day Checklist to help you stay organized during a very hectic moving day.
Organize boxes into two categories: things you want packed and things you do not packed. When we arrive, make sure to tell our moving crew which boxes should be loaded in the truck, and which ones should not. That way any important paperwork or products you need right away won’t be packed in the truck.
Keep the kids entertained! Make sure you have a box or some sort of bag that contains items your kids need/items that will keep them busy during the move. You want to make sure you keep these items close to your kids so that they are entertained during and after the move.
Dump the trash and get rid of flammable items. Get rid of as much trash as possible before the moving day. During the move, trash will start to build up between snacks, lunch time and other miscellaneous things, so see if you can use your neighbor’s trash during moving day.
Flammable items cannot be loaded onto the truck, and should be disposed over before or during moving day. For a complete list of flammable items, please give Rare Movers a call prior to moving day, and we will provide you with products we are unable to transport.
Reserve a parking space for our moving truck at both your old location and your new location. This is an important step, as the distance between the truck and the location of your home will determine how long the move will take. If we are located right outside your front door we will be able to load and unload boxes a lot quicker and more efficiently.
Clear all walkways and stairways. Make sure there is a clear path from your front door to our truck, to avoid any major accidents!! This includes removing floor mats, rugs, plants, low hanging wind chimes, etc.
With these five items checked off during moving day, you will find that your moving day just became a little less stressful! For more useful tips or to schedule a moving day with Rare Movers, please give us a call at 617-825-7273.
- Winter Moving Tips
- 5 Tips for Helping Your Child Cope with Moving
- Tips for Moving with Pets
- How You Can Help Your Movers During Your Move
- How to Protect Your Antiques While Moving
- November 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- April 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014