Four Big Moving Day MistakesJune 25th, 2018
Preparing for a move is stressful enough, don’t add to the stress by making the following mistakes:
- Transferring Utilities: Before you move to your new location, be sure to transfer utilities, otherwise you will be without electricity and heat! There’s nothing worse than moving on a Friday, and settling in your new home without lights! We recommend transferring over the utilities a week in advance to your move, just in case!
- Nor Signing up for Insurance Policy: It is important to sign up for mover’s insurance, here at Rare Movers, we have a great insurance program. As careful as we are, accidents happen during the move, and if anything is damaged during your move, having an insurance policy will help cover some of the damage. If you don’t sign up for an insurance policy, and something breaks, let’s say your TV, you will be stuck footing the bill! So we recommend investing in our insurance policy!
- Procrastination: Waiting until the last minute to start packing is never a good idea! You do not want to be stuck packing and organizing everything the night of the move; it’ll cause way too much stress. You should really start packing little by little a few months in advance to your moving day! Start with seasonal items, and as you get closer to the moving day start packing the more essential, everyday items. Waiting until the last minute to pack boxes will only stress you out even more than you already are!
- Unorganized: When packing boxes, take the extra time to sort them and label them based on the room they belong to; example: keep kitchen items together and label the box “Kitchen Supplies”; this way unpacking becomes a lot easier!
Moving is stressful, if you avoid making the above mistakes, your move will go a lot more smoothly! When you choose Boston RARE Movers as your moving company, we will help ensure a smooth and stress-free moving experience!
For more information or for a free moving estimate, please give Boston RARE Movers a call at 617-825-7273.
What Can I Do With Boxes After I Move?June 20th, 2018
The minute you finish unpacking a box during a move it becomes useless. Very quickly these once essential materials are taking up space and getting in the way. What should you do with your boxes after your move?
People are now in the same position you were in just a few months ago. Wouldn’t you have appreciated a kind stranger giving away free boxes for moving? To list the boxes is free, and you can even arrange for them to come pick them up. As a mover frantically looking for boxes, they will be eternally grateful.
It’s no secret that cardboard boxes are very good for storage and organization of household items of all sorts. Fill some containers with items you won’t need for the time being, tape them well and label them appropriately. Make
sure the storage area where you plan to place those storage boxes, usually a basement or a garage, is dry.
You never know what might happen tomorrow – even if you’re 100% that you won’t be moving house any time soon, it can be a mistake not to keep a decent number of boxes that will easily survive another residential move or two. Set aside the ones still in excellent condition, break them apart carefully, flatten them and store them in a place that stays dry and has good circulation of air.
Sometimes it takes a bit of imagination to re-purpose good packing boxes for home use – cardboard castles, robots, puzzles, you name it. With enough time and efforts, an entire cardboard village can be built for your children or pets.
Contact the recycling centers in your area and ask them if they have any specific requirements about accepting cardboard for recycling. Some recyclers require that all the boxes be flattened out, stacked and shaped into a pre-set size while others will refuse cardboard boxes with tape or staples. Some recycling stations may even require you to have a minimum number of boxes to qualify for a pick-up service.
Most moving companies offer the additional service of removing unused packaging materials so that you won’t have to worry.
If you are looking for movers for your move or a debris pickup after, contact Rare Moving & Storage. We will move your belongings efficiently and provide free estimates prior to your move and will help haul unwanted items away. Call us at 617-825-7273 or use our contact form to start your stress-free moving experience!
- Tips for Moving with Pets
- How You Can Help Your Movers During Your Move
- How to Protect Your Antiques While Moving
- Four Big Moving Day Mistakes
- What Can I Do With Boxes After I Move?
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- April 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014