Things your Professional Mover Won’t MoveJune 19th, 2019
Everybody dreads the process of moving and packing, which is why most of us hire professionals to help us. But while you are in the process of packing up all your personal possessions, it is essential to not forget that some items cannot be included in the move. Most moving companies would not transport a number of different items mainly to protect themselves and/or your other possessions. So, before the moving day, be certain that you didn’t include any prohibited items so as not to delay your move. Here are a couple of things most moving companies won’t move:
Especially when it’s a long-distance move, food items will not be allowed by movers. The main reason is that food will spoil and could attract pests, such as rats, and may damage your property. Although, if a move will be done within 24 hours, perishables MAY be allowed as long as they are properly packed.
Hazardous Chemicals or Materials
Quick rule of thumb: if it looks or smells dangerous, most moving companies will not allow it inside their trucks. Hazardous items are generally considered, explosive, flammable, or corrosive. But don’t worry, so as not too waste these items, you can always contact your city if there is a place you can donate them or dispose of them.
Personal or Sentimental Items
Most moving companies want to limit their liability in case your personal items get lost or damaged, which is why most of them don’t like to transport these items. When it comes to these items, we highly suggest that you have them under your control. Moving can be overwhelming, especially when it involves hundreds of items. Because of this, the risk of losing something is pretty high. Important documents, such as financial records or medical documents, could be difficult to replace.
Dealing With Stress on Moving DayJune 18th, 2019
The dreaded moving day, we have all experienced the woes and hardship of moving to one place to another. It takes a lot for someone to take responsibility organizing a move and it causes a lot of stress! You might of thought that moving was the hardest part but truly it’s keeping a smile throughout the day that is the real challenge. In fact, moving is one of the top ten most stressful events in one’s life, so here are some tips that can help ease your anxiety on moving day.
- To keep stress to a minimum and have a successful move all in one day is to have great organization and planning. Even just being prepared to face the inevitable challenges that occur on moving day will help boost your confidence in having a smooth move.
- Create realistic goals when moving and packing but also take time away from the chaos by eating out or hanging out with friends for a few hours. This will be a much-needed respite for you to re-energize mentally and lessen the panic.
- Do not plan any big social events the day before your move date, this will cause more stress for you.
- When unpacking, start with the bathroom and then the bedrooms so you have all the essentials already unpacked; all other boxes can wait another day.
- Make sure your movers and helpers are happy, by giving them refreshments and calling for a break every few hours to chat will keep a friendly atmosphere up. Take the lead to restart the packing and moving because time can escape you!
- After making the move, make sure you have planned a fun activity in your new community or with your friends and family members that helped out. Starting out with positive experiences will be key to the entire transition whether if it’s with your family or with your friends.
- Lead by example, if you start feeling stressed, irritated, and short-tempered, your friends or family members will pick up on that and use that as an excuse to do the same.
- Get a good night’s sleep before moving and unpacking day.
- Moving Furniture Safely & Painlessly
- Top 5 Tips For Moving This Summer
- Things your Professional Mover Won’t Move
- Dealing With Stress on Moving Day
- Choosing a Moving Company
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- August 2017
- April 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- September 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014